The challenge of this contest amongst Epicurious Community Table bloggers is to take a recipe previously published in the Community Table and give it a healthier make over. The original recipe featured ground pork, veal and beef. It also had a whole egg, mozzarella and thick full fat Caesar salad dressing. This lighter version is amazingly tasty! Serve with whole grain pasta.
- 2 pounds ground chicken (white meat)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (seasoned)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup low-fat Caesar salad dressing
- 1 cup low-fat skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 8 ounces marinara sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley, oregano, egg, garlic and Caesar dressing until combined, but don’t over mix it.
- I suggest you line a baking dish with non-stick aluminum foil, for easier clean-up.
- Form meat mixture into a mound shape and place it in a large enough baking dish that there is space all around it.
- Use one cup of marinara sauce to coat the meat loaf mound on all sides except the bottom.
- Bake meatloaf for one hour, 15 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Heat remaining sauce up in microwave at 1 minute, 30 seconds.
- Slice meatloaf and drizzle sauce on top.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes