I love cookies to a point… I like chewy gooey chocolate chip cookies warm out of the oven. For years I thought I was the only yo-yo in the World that liked raw cookie dough. I also like raw cake batter as well. I use to have to sneak it when my Mom wasn’t looking when I was a kid. My guess, is that the companies that have created cookie dough as a topping for ice cream, use pasteurized eggs. Otherwise the authorities whom have been warning us raw cookie dough lovers for years about Salmonella poisoning would be up in arms, so to speak. So to create a no-bake cookie which essentially is similar to raw cookie dough, except it doesn’t have any raw eggs is fantastic.
- 2 cups vanilla wafers (pulverized)
- 1 cup pecans (very finely ground)
- 3 tablespoons bakers cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon Amaretto extract
- 1/3 cup Amaretto flavored syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- sugar (colored) or colorful sprinkles for dipping
1. Mix vanilla wafers crumbs, pecans, cocoa, corn syrup, brown
sugar and Amaretto flavored syrup together thoroughly.
2. Place mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Make approximately 1″ in diameter balls.
4. Roll them in colored sugar (I used white) or sprinkles
and place them in a metal tin lined with wax paper.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
Yields: 24 balls
Photo by copyright 2015 Deborah Kaplan