This recipe was inspired by my friend QueenBea’s recipe Caesar Chicken Skewers on Recipezazz.com. The transformation evolved in to the recipe posted below. This recipe also makes a great meatloaf which will posted to this site in the near future. These are so tasty that you don’t even need any condiments. For my herbs in the Winter time, I use freeze-dried. This process keeps the green color. I don’t add salt, since for my palate, the cheeses and salad dressing have salt already in them. This recipe makes 12-16 burgers depending on the size. My DH and I usually weigh them, however, my scale malfunctioned and I wound up eye-balling them.
- 1 egg
- 2 pounds chicken (ground)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (seasoned)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1 cup Gouda (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 12-14 buns
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
- Whisk the egg lightly.
- Except the buns, mix all of the ingredients together gently including the egg.
- Form balls the size of lemons and flatten to form a patty.
- Line a jelly roll pan with bakers parchment paper, which soaks up some of the drippings.
- (I freeze most of the patties uncooked for a quick meal when needed).
- Bake for 15 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve on buns with some suggested condiments: lettuce, tomato, Caesar or ranch salad dressing (pictured with ranch).
Preparation Time: 15 minutes ; Cooking time: 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Yield: 12-14 burger patties