I defrosted 3 bratwurst links with the plans on making stuffed peppers. I baked the brats in the oven. So with that said, that idea went out the window when one of my bell peppers was moldy. So then I chucked the moldy pepper as it was well beyond any help. I began cooking the onion and remaining bell pepper. My next idea was to do a casserole deconstructed stuffed pepper. This idea ended up morphing into the Quiche after scrounging around the refrigerator, hence the name.
- 1 sweet onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 zucchini (small)
- 3 bratwurst links
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 4 ounces shredded Cooper sharp cheese.
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Bake bratwurst in oven at 350 degree F for 30 minutes turning it over mid way through.
- Dice onion, place in microwave safe dish and microwave in two, 2 minute intervals.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet, add onions and saute for 10 minutes stirring frequently on medium heat.
- Dice bell pepper and cook in microwave for two minutes, then add to skillet with onions.
- Peel zucchini, dice it and add to the skillet.
- Saute onions, bell pepper pieces and zucchini for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While vegetables are cooking, dice up bratwurst.
- Remove vegetables from skillet and mix in a bowl with bratwurst and ranch dressing.
- Grease square baking dish with 1/2 teaspoon butter with a paper towel.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add sausage mixture to baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, cream and milk together.
- Pour egg mixture into square baking dish on top of sausage mixture.
- Add cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with optional cayenne pepper.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 77 Minutes