- 2/3 cup peanut butter ( I use Skippy Creamy)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups light cream
- Freeze tub for 16 hours before ice cream is to be made. (I keep it in the freezer in a plastic bag all of the time).
- Add peanut butter and sugar to a mixing bowl.
- With a hand mixer, mix peanut butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of light cream and vanilla extract, and blend until slurry is uniform color.
- Add remaining light cream mixing until slurry is uniform in color.
- Place slurry in a covered storage container and refrigerate it for minimum 2-3 hours.
- When ready to make ice cream, assemble ice cream maker with frozen tub, paddle and plastic casing and turn it on.
- Pour the slurry into the spinning tub through the open top.
- I set my timer for 15 minutes but I end up watching it churn the entire time.
- The slurry becomes ice cream between 15-20 minutes.
- When I think it is thick enough or it stops churning, I turn off the machine.
- I pull the paddle out and scrape of the ice cream from the paddle and it into a freezable bowl with a lid.
- I then add the rest of the ice cream to the same bowl and freeze it.
- (You can eat it immediately, but we normally eat it later after dinner).
Recipe yields about 1.5 quarts