There are certain sounds that take me back to my care free summers as a child, and one of those sounds is the drone of a propeller air plane. I just heard it and it, reminded me of a long time ago when my Dad would grill whole chickens on the rotisseri over a charcoal grill. My Mom and Sister only ate white meat and my Dad and I only liked dark meat (well, not really as I liked white meat, but was forced to eat dark.) So when I grew up and married, my DH prefers dark meat. So when we have a whole chicken, I finally get to enjoy white meat. However, when I just buy parts, for the most part I buy thighs, as I think they have more flavor and as a rule are more moist. In the past on our gas grill I would cook these with a piece of foil to stop flare ups to prevent charred skin. One late afternoon when I was working at my computer, DH decided to grill the chicken thighs himself. I found out that we didn’t have much traditional barbecue sauce, so I made a quick pairing of two of my favorite flavors. Another team effort!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup hoison sauce
- Preheat the grill on high heat for 15 minutes.
- Mix barbecue sauce and hoison sauce together in a cup.
- Then turn off the middle burner.
- Place the chicken on the grill over the middle burner with skin side up.
- Slather the side up with sauce, close the lid, and set timer for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and slather the side up with sauce.
- Cook for 8 minutes with lid down.
- Turn chicken over with skin side up and slather with sauce again, and close lid.
- Cook for an additional 8 minutes.
Servings: 4 / Preparation Time: 15 minutes / Cooking Time: 26 minutes