Home made creamy delicious ice cream.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups light cream
- 1/3 cup Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa chocolate bar
- Freeze tub for 16 hours before ice cream is to be made. (I keep it in the freezer in a plastic bag all of the time).
- Pulverize 1/3 cup Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa chocolate bar in a food processor and place them in a container, reserving them for later.
- Add peanut butter and sugar to a mixing bowl.
- With a hand mixer, mix peanut butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of light cream and vanilla extract, and blend until slurry is uniform color.
- Add remaining light cream mixing until slurry is uniform in color.
- Add heavy cream and mix until slurry is uniform in color.
- Place slurry in a covered storage container and refrigerate it for minimum 2-3 hours.
- When ready to make ice cream, assemble ice cream maker with frozen tub, paddle and plastic casing and turn it on.
- Pour the slurry into the spinning tub through the open top.
- I set my timer for 12 minutes and wait until the churning causes the slurry to thicken which takes about 12 minutes.
- I use a teaspoon to spoon the chocolate shavings into the one side and watch them disappear and come up the other side mixed in.
- Spoon all of the chocolate in.
- The slurry becomes ice cream between 15-20 minutes.
- When I think it is thick enough or it stops churning, I turn off the machine.
- I pull the paddle out and scrape of the ice cream from the paddle and put it into a freezable bowl with a lid.
- I then add the rest of the ice cream to the same bowl and freeze it.
- (You can eat it immediately, but we normally eat it later after dinner).
Yields: 1.5 quarts