I actually decided to cook my chicken thighs in the tagine, so I didn’t have to baby it. I had leftover stuffing from Thanksgiving and this recipe was delicious with it. I can’t believe I waited almost two years to try cooking with it.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sweet cream sherry
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 sweet onion (sliced)
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 heaping tablespoons charoset
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup flour
- A 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and brown chicken on both sides for about 4 minutes per side on medium high heat. (Watch for splatter).
- Add chicken broth and sherry to tagine, and place gas burner on low flame.
- Next slice up onion and place it in bottom of tagine.
- Add chicken thighs on top of onions.
- Add thyme and rosemary
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and then add charoset on top.
- Saute mushrooms for about 5 minutes in skillet with butter.
- Add mushrooms tagine on top of everything else.
- Place lid on tagine and refrain from lifting the lid for 1.5 hours.
- Mix flour in water and add to tagine.
- Place lid on top again and cook for an additional 1.5 hours.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time 3.5 hours approximately
Photos by Copyright 2014, Deborah Kaplan