For some 20 years of my 35 years of marriage I always used and cooked frozen French fries. DH liked the shoe string variety and he liked them crunchy. I would only eat a few as I like my fries to be crisp on the outside with tender potato flesh on the inside. At some point, we suddenly began to make our own. If he makes French fries you can guarantee that the potatoes will be cut long and skinny. So the old adage is, “She who makes the French fries, makes them the way she likes them!”
- 6 red skinned “new” potatoes (tennis ball size)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, to taste)
- Use a metal cookie sheet type pan with sides.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter on pan and using a paper towel grease the pan with the butter.
- Cut potatoes in half, then divide each half into 4 pieces leaving skin on.
- Melt remaining butter in the microwave safe mug for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle seasoned salt and (optional) cayenne pepper on to butter greased pan.
- Place potato pieces so each piece is touching the metal pan with skin side is up.
- Drizzle melted butter over potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn potato pieces over and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Check the potatoes and see if they are done to your liking, if not then cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes