The cooking method is mine, however the mustard sauce mixture was DH’s idea. I was at the dentist, then I visited my Mom & Dad who live near my dentist. This caused me to get tied up in heavy rush hour traffic on State Highway Route 73 from Maple Shade to Berlin, NJ. After Berlin, the traffic mysteriously disappears. Anyway, what normally takes 45 minutes took 90 minutes. So I called DH and told him, he had better start cooking the chicken if he wanted to eat in the near future. My phone died and my charger was in DH’s car, so he couldn’t call me to tell me to stop and get BBQ sauce at the store. So this is the recipe he came up with the ingredients on hand. It is very tasty! We use it on wings as well.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup Newman’s Own Honey Mustard Lite Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup deli mustard
- Preheat the grill on high heat for 15 minutes.
- Mix salad dressing & honey mustard together in a cup.
- Then turn off the middle burner.
- Place the chicken on the grill over the middle burner with skin side up.
- Slather the side up with mustard sauce, close the lid, and set timer for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and slather the side up with sauce.
- Cook for 8 minutes with lid down.
- Turn chicken over with skin side up and slather with sauce again, and close lid.
- Cook for an additional 8 minutes.
Servings: 4 / Preparation Time: 15 minutes / Cooking Time: 26 minutes