Tasty, great tasting sweet and savory kabobs. I use the Gala type of apples as they are crisp tartish in flavor and they go very well with the other ingredients. It is Late Autumn, almost Winter, you say? Well, what does that have to do with the price of peanuts? I grill year round, even if there is snow on the ground. If I can get to the grill, I will grill. Besides snow melts when the grill is on. So, enjoy these great kabobs year round!
- 2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup hoison sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-2 apples (Gala)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- Slice steak up into 1-inch pieces and place in container or resealable bag.
- Add 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup hoison sauce to steak and marinate steak for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 4 hours.
- Mix up remaining teriyaki, hoison sauce and honey and microwave for 1-2 minutes and stir (reserve).
- Cut up apple and bell pepper discarding seeds and stems into bite sized pieces.
- Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade tha the steak was in.
- Alternate on skewer, steak, apple and bell pepper, repeating until all of the pieces are on the skewers.
- Pre-heat (gas) grill on high for 15 minutes, then reduce to medium.
- Use a sheet of non-stick aluminum foil.
- Place kabobs on foil, slather with reserved sauce and grill for 4 minutes.
- Turn them over, slather with sauce and grill for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove kabobs from foil, remove foil from grill, and grill kabobs on grate for 1-2 minutes more per side, or to desired doneness.
Preparation: 24 hours, 30 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes