When I was a youngster as my Grandfather would call the children of the family, my Dad decided that both my sister and I should know how to butcher a chicken. Not, anything more than cutting a whole chicken into parts. I have never liked touching raw poultry, and nowadays I use latex gloves due to that aversion. Well, I still remember the lesson, however, the only time I buy a whole chicken is when I am going to cook it whole. The lesson works for breaking down the chicken after it is roasted too. When we shop for chicken, we mostly buy thighs. My thought, is they tend to be moister and have more flavor.
- 4 chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup terriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a piece of bakers’ parchment paper in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place thighs in baking dish.
- Spray chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, mix terriyaki sauce, sweet chili sauce, honey and soy sauce.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir.
- Remove dish and drain fat off.
- Pour terriyaki mixture over chicken and bake for additional ten minutes.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 56 minutes