Wow! As I am writing this recipe, it is making me hungry for cheesesteaks. Of course that is a pie in the sky as it is 2:09 AM and i don’t have the ingredients. I’m sure the odor of them cooking would wake everyone up. DH would have no qualms about eating a cheesesteak slider in the middle of the wee hours. Of course this may just be a dream?
- teaspoon butter
- 1 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1 pound sirloin steak (chipped)
- 6 slices American cheese
- 8 long rolls (4-inches long)Wow
- Ketchup optional to taste
- Slice onion and microwave for 2 minutes on a paper plate.
- Add the onion to a skillet with butter and continue to saute until tender, about 10 minute on low, stirring occasionally.
- While the onion is cooking, unwrap the chipped sirloin steak .
- Pull the larger pieces apart into smaller pieces.
- Add the chipped sirloin steak to the skillet on medium heat with the onions and cook the meat until brown in color, about 10-15 minutes flipping the meat over to get all sides.
- Once the meat is browned, add the cheese and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until melted and mix it thoroughly with the meat and onion mixture.
- Slice rolls on one side length wise, and part of both ends to form a butterfly shape.
Place rolls with conjoined side down and spread them open.
- Divide meat mixture into 8-equal parts and fill each roll with the meat mixture, then close rolls. (Or place a bowl of the meat mixture on the tables so guests can help themselves.)
- DH puts ketchup on them and I don’t.
- Serve with French fries, onion rings or chips.