Egg mixture in store bought crust waiting to be baked.
Bratwurst and onion quiche half consumed.
If Quiche is on the menu at a restaurant, I will order it. What I don’t care for is when it is made with any of the stinky or cheese from the blue cheese family. There was this restaurant in the town that we raised out children in that sadly has gone by the way of many small bistros and cafes in our area. It had several different varieties of Quiche every day, and my friends and I dined there often. So of course when it met its demise, I started experimenting in making homemade versions. Not all turned out as a hit, but the ones that did turn out great are still in my family cookbook which I typed up on my computer. Now if a kid-ling wants a recipe to something, they can either go to my blog, recipezazz.com or I can send them a PDF of the recipe if I am home.
- 1/2 pound ( or 3 links Bratwurst)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups diced sweet onions
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon Seasoned Salt (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake bratwurst in a pan with sides on bakers parchment paper for 15 minutes.
- Flip bratwurst over and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- While bratwurst is baking, dice onions.
- Microwave onion pieces in a microwaveable container with butter for two 3-minute intervals stirring them after the first 3 minutes has passed.
- Place cooked onions in bottom of pie plate
- Whisk the eggs with the cream until a uniform color.
- Stir in the cheese and set aside.
- When bratwurst is finished cooking, reduce oven temp to 350 Degrees F.
- Slice up the Bratwurst and add it on top of the onions.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust over top the bratwurst & onions.
- Mix Nutmeg, seasoned salt (optional) & sweet paprika together then sprinkle on top of the egg mixture.
- Place Quiche on a pan with aluminum foil under it, then gently pull up the edges to cover the crust edge so it doesn’t burn.
- Bake Quiche for 60 minutes.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 96 minutes; Serves 6
http://www.Acadia2.com AcadiaTwo’s Kitchen Antics