I love this sandwich. It is easy and delicious. Could make it into a panini very easy. And a great sandwich is all about the bread. If I don’t make it myself, I love to get it at a vendor at the Amish Market in Wiiliamstown, NJ. The bakery there has the most delectable treats and delicious breads. This time, I bought two large loaves of seedless rye. I prefer seedless as the rye seeds don’t get stuck in my teeth plus the bread is milder in flavor. I also buy the coleslaw, the rare roast beef and chipped Swiss cheese there. This isn’t a recipe, it is just instructions on how to make a great sandwich.
- 2 slices Rye bread
- 2 tablespoons Hot & Sweet Mustard (I use Hickory Farms)
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 4 ounces roast beef (We like ours rare)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup coleslaw
- Spread mustard on 1st slice of bread.
- Spread mayonnaise on 2nd slice of bread.
- To prevent a soggy sandwich from occurring, add roast beef to slice one.
- Add Swiss cheese to slice two.
- Place coleslaw on top of the Swiss cheese.
- Take the slice with roast beef on it and place it on top of the coleslaw.
- Then turn the whole sandwich over and slice in half with a heavy knife.
Makes 1 sandwich. Prep time: 5 minutes.